KnittingGuides.com: Crotchet patterns are always adorable! Knitted wear looks elegant and is a great way to accessorize yourself. We’ll look at a pretty looking knitted scarf with a button which you can wrap around your neck or just unbutton it and wear it like a full length scarf.
Step 1: Materials
- 9.0 mm Crochet Hook
- 1-2 Skeins Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick Solids, 106 yards (1 for the 45 inch and 2 for the 60 inch version) Note: Some of the prints and metallics have less yardage than the solids)
- Tapestry Needle (for weaving in ends and sewing on buttons)
- Two Buttons (Buttons shown are 1 inch wide, test out your buttons before sewing them on by slipping them through one of the holes to make sure they fit)
Step 2: Size specifications
- Width: Scarf shown is 5 inches wide, a wider scarf can be made by adding more rows.
- Length: 2 lengths included in this pattern, 45 inches and 60 inches (scarf shown is 45 inches long)
Step 3: Notes
- Ch 124 for a scarf that is 45 inches long
- Ch 154 for a scarf that is 60 inches long
Step 4: Direction
2 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 1, *skip next 2 ch, 2 dc in next ch, ch 1, rpt from * to last ch, putting only 1 dc in last ch.
Chain 3 and turn.
Repeat row 1 four more times (for a total of 5 rows) for a scarf 5 inches wide. If you’d like a wider scarf, simply repeat row 1 until scarf is desired width.