We’ve heard of knitted sweaters, bags and toys but have you ever come across knitted slippers? Stop spending on ready made slippers and make one for yourself. This knitted footwear is cozy and comfortable for home use. Its a good project to pick up for every beginner since it uses the basic garter stitch.
- Patons® Shetland Chunky Tweeds™ (3 oz/85 g; 125 yds/114 m) Earthly Brown Tweeds (67031) – 2 balls (S/M); 3 balls (L)
- Bernat® Faux Fur Pompom™ Brown Muskrat (01013) – 2
- Size U.S. 9 (5.5 mm) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Knitting Needle Size: 9 or 5.5 mm
- Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- Gauge – 10 sts and 14 rows = 4″ [10 cm] in stocking stitch with 2 strands of yarn.
Step 2: Abbreviations
Beg = Beginning
Inc = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
Rep = Repeat
Rem = Remaining
RS = Right side
St(s) = Stitch(es)
WS = Wrong side
Step 3: Notes
1. Sizes: To Fit Lady’s shoe size 5/6 (7/8 – 9/10).
Finished Foot length
Small 5/6 – 9″ (23 cm)
Medium 7/8 – 9½” (24 cm)
Large 9/10 – 10½” (26.5 cm)
2. The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Step 4: Direction
Beg at Back, with 2 strands of yarn, cast on 2 sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: Inc 1 st in first st. K1.
3rd and 4th rows: Knit.
5th row: Inc 1 st in first st. Knit to end of row.
Rep 3rd to 5th rows 4 times more. 8 sts.
Next 2 rows: Cast on 10 sts. Knit to end of row. 28 sts after 2nd row. Place marker on last st of last row.
Work in garter st (knit every row) until work from marked row, measures 4½” [11.5 cm]. Place second set of markers at each end of last row.
Knit for a further 3 (3½ – 4)” [7.5 (9 -10) cm] from 2nd set of markers, ending with a WS row.
Step 5: Shape Toe
1st row: K3. *K2tog. K3. Rep from * to end of row. 23 sts.
2nd and 4th rows: Knit.
3rd row: K3. *K2tog. K2. Rep from * to end of row. 18 sts.
5th row: *K2tog. K1. Rep from * to end of row. 12 sts.
6th row: (K2tog) 6 times. 6 sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely. Using a flat seam, sew instep to 2nd set of markers.
Sew edges of back triangle to cast on sts of sides to form heel.
Sew 1 Pompom to each Slipper as shown
There you go your cute looking knitted home slippers are ready!